The Cotton Bowl is one of the biggest bowl games every year, making it a great option for wagering your money. In this guide, we are going to look at Cotton Bowl betting in Maryland. Read on to find out about the history of the Cotton Bowl, Cotton Bowl betting in Maryland, sports betting sites for the Cotton Bowl, and more.
Guide to betting on the Cotton Bowl in MD
If you are into football sports betting, the Cotton Bowl is one you can’t miss out on. Because of its high popularity, sportsbooks offer quite a few betting options on the Cotton Bowl, which can make your sports betting experience fun and lucrative.
Just keep in mind to check the year to ensure that the Cotton Bowl is not rotating. From there, do a lot of research about the bets, odds, and sportsbooks of your choosing. Feel free to experiment with new bets, too, since the Cotton Bowl comes with a lot of fun betting options and promos.
History of the Cotton Bowl
The history of the Cotton Bowl began in 1937 when J. Curtis Sanford financed the first Cotton Bowl out of his own pocket. During this game, TCU beat Marquette 16 to 6 in front of nearly 17,000 fans. Since then, the Cotton Bowl has been a favorite among football lovers.
Initially, the Cotton Bowl was played by the Southwest Conference winners. Then, the bowl pitted the Southeastern Conference winning team against the Big 12 team. Finally, in 2014, the Cotton Bowl became one of the rotating host games for the New Year’s Six.
How it works is that a 13 member committee selects pairings for six full games. This process occurs on the first Sunday of every December. During off years, the Cotton Bowl does not host the national semifinal but is instead given to other leading teams in the nation. Thus, the Cotton Bowl rotates with the Sugar Bowl, Orange Bowl, Peach Bowl, Fiesta Bowl, and Rose Bowl.
Cotton Bowl betting Maryland
If you are interested in Cotton Bowl betting in Maryland, there are a few things you need to know first. For example, you need to know what types of bets are available and some tips when betting. So let’s take a look.
Best bets for the Cotton Bowl
In general, betting on the Cotton Bowl isn’t much different from betting on any other normal NCAA football betting game. For this reason, you can place the same bets on the Cotton Bowl as you would your favorite team’s opening game. So here are some great bets to consider for the Cotton Bowl:
- Cotton Bowl Moneylines MD: The moneyline is the most basic wager. You wager on which team will win. The favorite will have a negative sign in front of the odds, whereas the underdog will have a positive sign. For example, the Maryland Terrapins may have +120, and Alabama may have -140. These numbers mean that you will win $120 if you bet $100 on Maryland, whereas you have to bet $140 on Alabama to win $100.
- Cotton Bowl Spreads: Spreads are less straightforward than moneyline. You wager on the point difference for the end of the game. The point spread gives you a reason to bet on either team. The favorite will have a minus point spread, whereas the underdog will have a positive sign. For example, the Maryland Terrapins may be a three-point favorite over Alabama. Most spreads are set at -110 odds. The exact price will fluctuate based on the sportsbook used.
- Prop Bets on the Cotton Bowl MD: Prop bets are whenever you wager on individual events. Definitely take advantage of props bets during bowl games because sites will offer plenty of props on popular bowls, such as the Cotton Bowl.
- Cotton Bowl Live Bets: Live bets are when you place money on a game that’s already occurring. Live bets are often ignored during bowl games, but they can be a great option.
Of these types of bets, moneyline and spreads are the most basic, which means you may be more familiar with them. Although it’s definitely a great idea to go with what you know, don’t ignore props or live bets during the Cotton Bowl. Most sports betting sites will offer tons of unique betting options for the Cotton Bowl but also other College football bowls as well.
Futures are a widely accepted while betting on the bowl games.
- Maryland Super Bowl betting
- Rose bowl betting Maryland
- Cotton Bowl bets in MD
- Peach Bowl betting in Maryland
- Fiesta Bowl bets MD
- Maryland Sugar Bowl betting
Cotton Bowl MD betting tips
Here are some special tips to keep in mind when placing Cotton Bowl bets:
- Always make sure that the game has a bearing on the playoff bracket of this year since it changes every year.
- Place your bets early. The earlier you place them, the higher your potential payouts will be. At the same time, being patient may result in knowing better odds. Still, early bets tend to be more profitable than later ones.
- Don’t forget about live betting. Even though placing early bets has a high profit, live betting is often underutilized during the Cotton Bowl.
- Take advantage of any promotions and bonuses that sports betting sites offer. Betting on the Cotton Bowl isn’t much different from betting on other games, but sites often offer great promotions. So, don’t forget to take a look.
Best Betting Sites for Cotton Bowl MD
If you are interested in Cotton Bowl betting, it won’t be too difficult to find Maryland Football sportsbooks that offer bets. After all, the Cotton Bowl is one of the bigger games. Still, you want to select a reputable Maryland sportsbook so that you know your information and account are not leaked.
More so, more reputable sportsbooks will have a variety of betting options, such as the Cotton Bowl betting line or Cotton Bowl prop bets. In addition, reputable sites will have great Cotton Bowl game odds as well, further improving your chances of winning.
BetMGM MD Cotton Bowl betting
Backed by the Vegas powerhouse, BetMGM is a great sportsbook if you want great odds, a variety of betting options, and a reliable and safe sportsbook. The website is easy to use and intuitive. Plus, BetMGM offers unbeatable promos and betting bonuses, especially during bowl season.
FanDuel Maryland Cotton Bowl bets
FanDuel has top-notch odds for the Cotton Bowl, as well as an intuitive website and app. For those who want the best odds and a convenient app, FanDuel offers many betting options for the Cotton Bowl and the College Football Playoffs in general.
PointsBet MD Cotton Bowl odds
PointsBet may not have the most intuitive website design or a modern app, but the sportsbook offers great odds and betting options. This is a great option if you want some old-fashioned sports betting online.
DraftKings MD Cotton Bowl lines
DraftKings has quickly become a leader for all things sports betting, and the same is true for betting on the Cotton Bowl. DraftKings comes with a sleek design, huge sports markets, and many promos that make betting on the Cotton Bowl a breeze.
Barstool Sportsbook MD Cotton Bowl
Much like DraftKings, Barstool Sports is super sleek and a favorite among many. They offer incredible odds and a useful app so that betting on the Cotton Bowl is very easy.
How to bet on the Cotton Bowl in Maryland
Placing bets on the Cotton Bowl is pretty easy. Follow this step by step guide to get started today:
- Find a sportsbook that offers bets on the Cotton Bowl. We specifically recommend the sportsbooks mentioned above, though most sportsbooks offer Cotton Bowl betting in Maryland.
- If you are not already signed up for the sportsbook, you will need to create an account. This includes filling out personal information and depositing money into your account.
- From there, make sure to read up on the Cotton Bowl odds. We recommend comparing multiple odds from different sportsbooks to get the most accurate picture possible. Research about the different betting options and experiments.
- Place your bet! The earlier you place the bet, the more you may win, though you can continue to place more bets as the time of the Cotton Bowl draws near.
FAQ’s About Cotton Bowl betting Maryland
Is it legal to bet on the Cotton Bowl in Maryland?
Yes. It is legal to bet on the Cotton Bowl in Maryland as long as you are over the age of 21.
Where do the Maryland sports betting proceeds go?
All revenue earned from Maryland sports betting is used to fund public education. It is estimated that it could earn around $20 million each year.
Is it safe to put my credit card information on a sportsbook in MD?
Using unreliable sportsbooks can be dangerous, but your credit card information will be safe with the most trusted sportsbooks. The sportsbooks we mentioned above are reliable and safe for using your credit card information.
What are the best bets in Maryland for the Cotton Bowl?
Moneylines and point spreads are the most basic bets for the Cotton Bowl, but prop bets and live betting are great choices if you are interested in trying your hand at more unique bets for the bowl.
What are the most popular bowl games for sports betting?
The best bowl games for sports betting include the New Year’s Six, as well as other popular bowls like the Las Vegas Bowl, Music City Bowl, or Army-Navy game.