For all of the biggest sports fans out there, boxing betting in Maryland is now live and ready for the taking. Since the 2021 law passed, residents of Maryland can now enjoy all the action-packed fun of taking their luck out for a test drive, betting on the most anticipated boxing matches of the year. If you’re ready to take it for a spin, we’ve got the scoop on where you can play and how you can improve your betting game below.
- Best sportsbooks for Boxing betting in MD 2023
- MD boxing betting guide
- Top 5 Boxing betting sites in Maryland
- Boxing betting in Maryland: Bet like a pro
- Boxing betting in Maryland: Know your bets
- FAQ’s About Boxing Betting in Maryland
Best sportsbooks for Boxing betting in MD 2023
Boxing betting in Maryland: All sites are 100% legal & licensed by the state.
|DraftKings Sportsbook Bet $5, get $200 in free bets||Bet now DraftKings MD promos|
|Betfred Sportsbook Get up to $1,111 in Fred Bets||Bet now Betfred MD promo code|
|BetRivers Sportsbook Up to $500 in bonus bets||Bet now BetRivers promo code MD|
|Caesars Sportsbook Up to $1,500 in bet credits||Bet now Caesars promo code MD|
|FanDuel Sportsbook Bet $5 get $200 in bonus bets||Bet now Fanduel MD bonus code|
|BetMGM Sportsbook Up to $1,000 in bonus bets||Bet now BetMGM bonus code MD|
MD boxing betting guide
In this guide about betting in boxing in MD, you can pick from our top 5 best boxing betting sites and start to try your luck today. Remember to consider our pro tips, especially if you’re a rookie, getting the hang of things quickly so you can make better and more profitable bets.
Top 5 Boxing betting sites in Maryland
Before we get to tips and the most profitable boxing bets, we’d like to first introduce you to our list of top 5 boxing betting sites for gamblers in Maryland.
- BetMGM Boxing odds: BetMGM has been around for more than 30 years, providing gamblers with the best odds and the most interactive games. They’ve been in the sports betting game for some time now, hosting a long list of events on their homepage each and every day. Once you sign up, you can score quick payouts, lots of offers, and competitive odds.
- Payment Methods: PayPal, MasterCard, Visa, Skrill
- PointsBet Boxing lines: PointsBet has exclusive offers for its members from the first day they sign up. With an account, all you have to do is browse through a huge number of sports events and start wagering. Get your hands on your money quick with no-fuss withdrawals and even get up to the minute updates on odds, stats, and more.
- Payment Methods: PayPal, Visa, MasterCard, eCheck
- DraftKings Boxing: DraftKings is one of the most well-known boxing betting sites around. They have a sharp mobile interface and app that make betting on live, fantasy, and other sports events a breeze. Get the best odds and up-to-date stats to make the most informed bets as you watch. Plus, keep on the lookout for bonuses and other offers to happen on the site daily.
- Payment Methods: PayPal, Visa, MasterCard, Bank Account
- FanDuel Boxing bets: FanDuel has been trusted for years, taking a spot amount the best sportsbooks on the web. When you sign up and make a wager with FanDuel, you’ll get to bet without any risk on your first bet, learning the ropes before you make your first official wager. Then score perks to get more bang for your buck with each bet.
- Payment Methods: Visa, MasterCard, PayPal, Wire Transfer
- Barstool Sportsbook Boxing market: Barstool is a newcomer among the list of long-standing online gaming platforms, and for a good reason. Players have access to sports events all day long, placing their wagers on live events and anticipated events that are on their way. In addition, you’ll find exclusive events and money-making odds, helping you get the most out of your bets every single time.
- Payment Methods: Visa, MasterCard, Wire Transfer
Boxing betting in Maryland: Bet like a pro
Before you take off and start betting on any match, make sure that you get grounded and really know what you’re after. The more level-headed you play, the better your chances of winning, so try out these pro tips.
Set a budget
Before you deposit a dime, think about a budget and set it. Whatever you do, do not spend anything over the budget that you set to keep your money safe and sound. Instead, go for money that you’re ok with losing or even set up a different account that only has your gambling money in it.
In that way, you can avoid overspending and keep yourself out of trouble when you think you’re on a lucky streak.
Avoid the hype
Because boxing betting is full of energy, you’ll see the hype in every corner. Between the boxers and by the sponsors, you’ll have a lot of influence which you should steer clear of. Avoid superstitions and get right to the source, checking points, past matches, and more.
Do your own research and check out each boxer’s performance in their past matches. Also, look at injuries and recovery time, seeing if there is anything that can get in the way of the fighters to prevent them from fighting their best.
With boxing betting online, some sportsbooks allow you to place your wagers live while the match is in session. Placing your wagers during the match is a good way to get a feel for how the match will turn out and even grab some inspiration from the fighters and the crowd once the match is up and started.
Look into the odds
Boxing betting odds are released far before the matches begin. That gives you the opportunity to do some digging and find out where they came from. The more informed you are about the odds and where they came from, the better off you’ll be when it comes to making the wisest bets.
Betting should be fun. It’s full of opportunities to win and makes watching matches so much more interesting. If you’re betting to make money, it takes away from the charm and may wind up getting you further from your goal. Don’t sweat it and just have fun, smiling whether you hit big or you lose a little.
Boxing betting in Maryland: Know your bets
Before you take off and start betting, it’s good to know what type of bets to make. When it comes to boxing, bettors can choose from a number of common bets, including:
The Moneyline bet
When two boxers step into the ring, there is only one that can come out as the winner. That’s what the moneyline is all about, where you can choose who wins based on a set of odds. Odds are presented from the sportsbook you’re using and generally take a pick of the favored fighter.
For example, if we have Floyd Mayweather (-750) and Connor McGregor (+400), you’ll have to know what you’re getting into before you place your bets. If you go with Mayweather, you’ll have to drop $750 just to make $100.
This could be profitable if you bet quite a bit but, you also risk the chance that he may lose. Taking McGregor (the underdog), you could win $400 by betting only $100.
The Rounds bet
In boxing, rounds can go all the way up to 12, though there have been some legendary 1 to 3 round matches. In any case, you can choose to bet on rounds, picking which round or rounds you think the match will be over. If a sportsbook gives you a predicted round, you can choose to bet the over or under and grow your winnings too.
The Victory bet
When sports betting online in Maryland, you can also choose to bet on the method of victory. There are three options, KO, TKO, and disqualification. Using our example of Mayweather and McGregor, we could say that we think Mayweather is going to knock out McGregor, which deems him the winner of the match.
FAQ’s About Boxing Betting in Maryland
Most of the time, yes. It’s always recommended to go with a boxing betting site that is reputable and has regulations in the state in which you’re placing your wagers. To check, look on the home page and, if you’re still curious, take a look at the regulating authority to make sure that site is listed.
Very recently! After a few years of toying with the idea, lawmakers decided to make it legal for online sportsbooks in Maryland. This happened this year around the middle of May and is expected to give the state a big boost in revenue.
If you’re a newcomer, the odds might be a little difficult for you to read. The negative sign is for those who are favored, and the positive sign is for the underdog. Whatever the number that follows is the amount you must pay or will win for every $100 you bet.
There are promotions all around, each one claiming to be the best. However, it depends on where you find them, as some will not work or might have expired. So always check the official website for promos and bonuses that work.
Though there are tons of sportsbooks on the web, bettors in Maryland should take a pick of any one of your top 5 listed above. When you place your wagers with these guys, you know that you’re getting a safe and legit site with some of the best odds in the business. So head on over to them and check them out, choosing the one that calls to you.