Maryland sports betting sites always have exciting promotions and bonuses on offer for players. But are some of them too good to be true? In this article, we’re going to find out what deposit match bonuses in Maryland are all about. Let’s see what these bonuses are all about.
Deposit Match bonuses – How to claim them
So, it’s clear that you should take advantage of the deposit match bonuses that Maryland sportsbooks make available to you.
The sportsbook will match a part or the entirety of your initial deposit by adding bonus funds into our account with them through the bonus. From there, you can use it to place bigger bets or spend however you like.
All of this is subject to the sportsbook’s terms and conditions, which you should familiarize yourself with. In particular, look out for terms about minimum deposits and maximum bonuses, as well as expirations/time limits and rules about spending the bonus funds.
Top MD sportsbooks offering Deposit Match bonuses
Deposit match bonuses are a common feature among Maryland sportsbooks. Here are a few of the top operators that offer them.
Draftkings, Maryland Deposit Match up to $1,000
The Draftkings Maryland deposit match is a perfect example of an excellent bonus. They offer to match 20% of your deposit amount up to $1,000 in total.
Fanduel Deposit Match Bonus Maryland
Fanduel is another name that Maryland sports bettors know and love. The deposit bonus Fanduel offers will match a significant portion of the player’s deposit. That will allow them to place larger wagers off the bat.
Barstool Sportsbook Matched Deposits Maryland
The Barstool sportsbook MD match bonus is quite generous, and that comes as no surprise. Barstool is a big name in Maryland sports betting. So, they clearly can afford to offer excellent bonuses to attract new customers.
BetMGM up to $500 Deposit Bonus Maryland
New players looking for a sportsbook to sign up with will want to check out BetMGM. The BetMGM deposit match shows just how competitive the industry can be. The site will match 100% of a player’s initial deposit up to $500 worth.
At 100% bonus, that means players are doubling their betting funds.
Pointsbet MD Matched Bonus
Pointsbet MD is an experienced operator in the field of sports betting. You can tell that by the Pointsbet deposit match and how it’s structured.
Maryland Deposit Match Bonus – how do they work?
If you’ve spent enough time using online sportsbooks, you’ll know that some promotions and Maryland betting bonuses can be pretty complicated. However, that’s not the case with deposit match bonuses, which are very straightforward.
You’ll need to fund your sportsbook account by making a deposit. The deposit match bonus is exactly how it sounds. It’s a bonus that matches your deposit in the form of additional funds for you to play with.
In a way, you can think of it as free money that you can only use in the sportsbook.
A 50% deposit match Maryland sportsbooks might offer you means that they’ll give you half of your deposit value as a bonus. Those percentages could be lower, or they could be 100% to match your entire deposit.
Even though this rarely happens, some deposit match bonuses have been known to exceed 100%.
Claiming the Deposit Match Bonus in MD
For starters, you must know that you’re not forced to take a bonus or promotion you don’t want to.
Still, a deposit match bonus is one that you should claim whenever possible. For one thing, it gives you a chance to increase the funds in your sportsbook account with some of the sportsbook’s money instead of yours.
Besides that, online sports betting in Maryland deliberately make it easy for you to claim the bonus. The terms and conditions these sportsbooks attach to it aren’t very restrictive.
Maryland sportsbooks do that to attract new customers or perhaps to reward the loyalty of existing ones.
Bottom line: yes, you should claim the deposit match bonus and make the most of it.
Pros and cons of Deposit Match Bonuses?
To help you understand why we say you should claim deposit match bonuses, here is a transparent view of their pros and cons. As you’ll soon see, the deposit match bonus that Maryland sports betting sites offer has many benefits and few drawbacks.
The benefits of Deposit Match Bonuses
- Helps New Players Learn Faster: When new players sign up for a Maryland sports betting website account, their first few plays are limited by how much money they have. That will also limit their ability to gain experience and learn from their wins and losses. A deposit match bonus gives newbies more room to play than their budget would have otherwise allowed for. Overall, that will reduce the learning curve that all new Maryland sports bettors go through.
- Makes It Easier To Familiarize With The Sportsbook: Not all sportsbooks are built the same. So, even experienced Maryland sports bettors will need time to get familiar with a new sports betting website. A deposit match bonus helps to speed up that process. But, again, with more funds, players can do much more and gain experience faster as a result.
- Multiplies Betting Power: Whether you’re a novice or a veteran Maryland sports bettor, a deposit match bonus will increase your betting power. Even a partial 50% deposit bonus Maryland sportsbooks sometimes offer will allow you to place bigger bets on your favorite teams and players.
The drawbacks of Deposit Match Bonuses
- Minimums and Maximums: Typically, Maryland sports betting sites will impose minimums and maximums on these deposit match bonuses. For instance, you’ll have a minimum deposit amount that must be met before you can unlock the bonus. Plus, the sportsbook will also limit the maximum bonus that they’ll give you. So, be sure to consider both when comparing sportsbooks. That way, you’ll be able to figure out the exact bonus amounts that you can get from each Maryland sportsbook.
- Terms and Conditions: You always have to read the fine print when it comes to depositing match bonuses. Maryland sportsbooks make it easy to enjoy the bonus, but you’ll want to know the conditions so you can make the absolute most of it.
Important Deposit Bonus terms and conditions
For the most part, the terms and conditions among Maryland sportsbooks are the same. Still, here are a few crucial parts that you must pay attention to:
- Minimums and Maximums: Even though all Maryland sports betting sites offer deposit match bonuses, each of them can be very different. One area they’ll differ is in the minimum deposit amount required to unlock the bonus. Some sportsbooks will require as little as $5, while others might ask you to put in at least $50 or more. Plus, the maximum bonus that they’ll award you will also be different. A 50% deposit match Maryland sportsbooks sometimes offer is a reasonable expectation. However, sportsbooks could have a lower or higher maximum value as it’s entirely up to them.
- Expiration Dates: Deposit match bonuses aren’t indefinite. Instead of lasting forever, they’ll expire at a certain point in time if you do not claim them. So, to avoid forgetting or accidentally missing out on the bonus, be sure to figure out the expiration date.
- Specific Odds and Sports: Some Maryland sportsbooks might also tell you how you can and can’t spend your bonus funds. They might place restrictions on the sports you can bet on, the types of bets you can place, and even the odds of those bets.
What Banking Methods Are Available For Deposit Bonuses?
You can use any of the banking methods that your chosen Maryland sportsbook accepts for deposits.
Typically, the available banking methods include the likes of:
- Check or E-Check
- Bank transfers
- Credit or debit cards
- Prepaid or gift cards
- Paypal and other e-wallets
Of course, the exact list of available banking methods will depend on the sports betting site itself. Bear in mind that some Maryland sportsbooks might ask you to use specific payment methods to unlock the bonus, but it doesn’t happen very often.
FAQ’s About Deposit Match Maryland
Is the Deposit Match a one-off bonus or a recurring bonus?
Typically, deposit match bonuses in Maryland are a one-off bonus for new customers. However, sportsbooks might offer similar bonuses as a way to reward loyal customers as well.
Is the Deposit Match bonus valid if I use credit cards?
That will depend on the sportsbook’s house rules. Usually, though, Maryland sports betting websites allow you to use any available banking methods to make a deposit.
Can I claim the Deposit Match bonus at any time?
No, you can’t. Unless stated otherwise, you can only claim the deposit match bonus when making your very first deposit. After that, if you do not claim that deposit within the time frame they give you, and it will be forfeited.
Can I get the bonus as cash?
No, you can’t. The purpose of the deposit match bonus is to get you to spend more with the sportsbook. So, they will not allow you to withdraw it as cash or spend it elsewhere.
Can I use the bonus to bet on any sport I like?
Yes, you can use the bonus to bet on any sport you like. To be extra sure, check the terms and conditions to see if the sportsbooks place any do’s or don’ts on using the bonus.